Saturday, June 17, 2006

Father's Day Quotes

The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother...Theodore M. Hesburgh

My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it...Clarence B. Kelland

It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father...Pope John XXIII

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."...Harmon Killebrew

Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys...Anonymous

If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right...Bill Cosby

One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be...Anonymous

By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder – infinitely prouder – to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in Heaven.'...Douglas MacArthur

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years...Mark Twain

Fathers do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord...Ephesians 6:4

No comments: