Thursday, October 05, 2006

Break from Blogging

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted anything. When I began blogging, I said that one of the reasons was for self discipline. I don't think I've been any busier than usual the past couple of weeks, but I just haven't had the energy to sit down with my laptop and get online to either read other blogs or to write in my own. I usually do that in the evenings while watching the news or other late night television. (By my definition, late night is after 10 pm, and is usually when I blog.) Lately, I have been trying to read some, but mostly I just nod off and then get up and go to bed. I am struck by how easy it is to get out of the habit of any disciplined activity.

This was reinforced for me this morning at my final physical therapy session. As I finished up my session, my therapist for the past 12 weeks went over the exercises that I am supposed to continue on my own. As I was leaving she said that this might be the last time I see her, but that she would know in about 9 - 12 months. She said she would be able to know whether I had continued doing my exercises because if I don't I would be seeing her again in less than a year. I told her that it was nothing personal, but I hoped I wouldn't see her again. That will be primarily up to me...

No comments: