Saturday, August 19, 2006

Emptying the Nest

Taylor and I will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning to make the 22 hour drive from Richardson to Malibu. It's hard to believe that the time has come, but he seems ready to go. His Explorer is all packed and he is enjoying Dave Matthews tonight. Time surely does not slow down as it passes.

I just checked the weather forecast for Malibu - it looks like they are expecting a heat wave. The highs this past week have been in the mid 70's, but for next week it looks like they are going to get up into the low 80's. I'll try to survive...

------------
It has been 6 weeks since my knee surgery. My knee looks pretty normal now, with the addition of 5 little scars and a couple of lumpy places. It feels pretty good, and I am able to extend it to within a couple of degrees of straight. I've been bicycling for a couple of weeks now, and have added small doses of the elliptical trainer. We took an easy hour ride this morning with no ill effects. It does look like I will have to forego rollerblading at the beach on this trip. Maybe next time...
------------
I probably won't have much opportunity to post this week, so until next week may the Lord bless you and keep you.

No comments: