Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This and That

Most of the swelling is gone from my knee. I got on a stationary bike yesterday and today; my range of motion is improving. Still not completely able to straighten, but it's straighter than it has been for the past couple of years...
___________

I pass a DART station on my way home from work each day. Today I saw a brown DART bus with the word Hungerectomy on the side. Since the problem of hunger has been on my mind, I immediately thought that maybe that it referred to some campaign or program to help solve the problem - idealistic me; turns out it was part of a new ad campaign for Snickers...
___________

Tonight was the Dallas area send off party for incoming freshman to Pepperdine. Pepperdine's Freshman class consists of 740 students selected from over 8000 applicants. Around 20 of those are from around the Dallas area.
___________

Taylor and I will head west one month from tomorrow. This is a time of ambivalence. I am happy for Taylor and excited that he is beginning this phase of his life; I am pleased with his choice of schools - Pepperdine offers a quality education in a beautiful environment with a faculty that actively nurtures and supports growth among its students in the 4 areas that Luke attributed to Jesus: academic growth, physical wellness, spiritual growth, and social responsibility (wisdom, stature, favor with God and man).

At the same time, the house will seem empty, and Malibu is 1500 miles away. It is a great place to visit, though.

No comments: