Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Before the Throne of God Above

I have a lot of 'favorite' songs, both old and new, but near the top of the list is Before the Throne of God Above. The second stanza is a powerful juxtaposition of God's innate need for justice and his merciful love, and may be my favorite stanza of any song...

When Satan tempts me to despair,
and tells me of the guilt within,
upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died,
my sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
to look on him and pardon me;
to look on him and pardon me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Underlying some of the discussions we have had about the Partnership for Missional Church project has been the thought that if implemented successfully one result will be numerical growth. There is an interesting discussion over on Wade Hodge's blog around the question of whether an attractional church can be missional...

No comments: