Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness

I love this time of year...one of the true benefits of the education profession is Spring Break. For the past several years Taylor and I have taken a father-son trip. This year we didn't plan one for a couple of reasons. One, we have taken a couple of college visits and plan to take a couple more, but the schools he wants to visit are also on spring break this week. Two, he has been applying for jobs since basketball season ended and we assumed he would be working this week. Wrong...the search continues.

I've been getting used to the idea of blogging and have kind of eased into it by reviewing The Body Broken, but I hope to make this space a little more interactive. I thought I might start by giving my picks for the Final Four and inviting anyone who reads this to do the same. I have UCONN beating Boston College and Duke beating Memphis in the semifinals with UCONN over Duke in the championship game. If anyone reads this and wants to respond just list your teams in order - champion, runner-up, and who they will beat in the semis - like so:

Connecticut, Duke, Boston College, and Memphis

No comments: